|“Momentum favours those with intention” - Walter Aguilar|
- They are acutely aware
- They are present & effective in the now
- They accept what is, what was and their role on the team
- They are externally focused and determined
- They see and capitalize on opportunities
- They are confident and intentional.
- They are fearless/courageous
- They create opportunities
- They are 100% energetically engaged
- They don’t just play the game, they become the game!
Hockey players who can embody the above attributes play with the effortless power that comes from being mindful and engaged energetically. When the games go into overtime and their legs are burning with lactic acid, they tap into a reservoir of resiliency that can only be accessed in the now. They can sometimes can even be players who you wouldn’t expect. They are the players who can tap into their mindful warrior inside themselves and produce the effective performance that their team needs.
Every playoff has it heroes. The stage becomes available to any player who can face the distractions (energy drains) that can negatively effect a player’s performance from the spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, social and environmental influencers. A playoff difference maker is a player who has intentionally, consciously, and confidently decided to be that, in the now.
Source: Walter Aguilar / The Coaches Site: Ice Hockey Coaching Tips & Drills